First time Chili grower

Hello just stopping in to introduce myself. I am a new fan to the chili world. I have just recently been introduced to the HP22B Carolina Reaper and being that I am from Chas,SC I figured I just had to grow this pepper for myself. Me and a couple of buddies from work do the Dave's Insanity sauce and some spicy food challenges around town, but not until hearing about the reaper did I want to give it a go at growing one. I know it is late in the game to be starting but I germinated my Reapers,Moruga,Douglah,Butch T, and Bhut Jolokia's in July. So far only got 3/3 Reapers germinated,3/3 Ghost,3/3 Moruga. The rest did not germinate so I just started a new round of seeds for Douglah, and the Butch T. My Moruga's also just popped a couple days ago they took over a month to germinate so I put about 5 more in a paper towel then the next day the others popped so I will probably end up with quite a few more moruga going then I wanted.
I wanted to start these indoor to get use to holding a mother of each strain to over winter in pots. Then come spring have plenty of seeds for outdoors. 
I planned on loading the backyard with 2k pepper plants but the more I red on about these the less enthused I became. They take along time to grow and I have a house full of kids and pets that have to roam so I will probably only stick to about 20 or so instead to start. 
I would like to do this as a hobby and possibly make a little money of of the peppers,seeds,and plants but I am sure everyone and then some have the same thoughts and plans as me. I know I will not make it big but every penny helps and if I can make some side cash on doing what I want then hell yeah lets go!

I was going to post pics of my seeds but it shows Breeder name and website and I am not sure yet if that is allowed. So I will check before I post. Thanks for looking! Feel free to comment!

I know this is a long post lol. Here is my set indoor set up. Check it out...
DSC00872_zpsa02a6aed.jpg
DSC00873_zpscb2be4ee.jpg
DSC00874_zpse3319cc3.jpg
DSC00875_zpse7606a84.jpg

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Welcome from the West Side of Fort Worth, Texas

I spent 25 months in Charleston a long time ago...71-73...man that town was great duty...I was there when they shut the old hospital down that was on base and moved to the new hospital....

there is another member right across the river from you...pepperridgefarm - Cappy....say hello to hiim....he is a master grower..I am thinking he is in Mt Pleasant

Back