• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

first time grower question??

This is my first time growing anything. How long does it take stuff to ripen? I've got limon peppers that have been green and same size now for 2-3 weeks. Are other peppers ripening times about the same. I'm growing limon, fatalis, habanero, devils tongue, aji dulce 2 and Carolina reapers. What about ttomatoes? Have a tomato I've noticed no changes in it in weeks.

It takes several weeks for some peppers to totally ripen. Tomatoes shouldn't take so long. I know it's frustrating, especially when it's your first grow, but patience is a virtue. For me, peppers really take off and do their thing in early fall. Good luck and have fun.

I agree with kentishman. Different varieties take different amounts of time to ripen as well. Chinense varieties, especially superhots, take longer than say, annuums. A month or longer isn't uncommon. You've just got to be patient and they will ripen when they are ready.

This is my first year growing and am in the same boat. My Butch T has had almost a dozen pods for a month now and the first three are just now ripe. Patience is key and clearly don't have enough. 

good luck on your first year. 

when i first started growing supers, it was painful watching how slow these plants grow compared to say a tomato. They take their sweet little time when they are youngsters and all of a sudden hit a growth spurt. When they finally pod up it is really like watching a pot of water on the stove. The more you check them the slower they ripen it seems  :P

Haha yes I'm clearly lacking in the patience department. I go out every morning like they're magically gonna ripen overnight. But the tomatoes are really frustrating me no change in size or color for what seems like forever lol. My reaper had what appeared to be blight which stunted its growth for like a month. I sprayed it with an aspirin/water solution which has seemed to cure it and its finally taken off. It has yet to flower. Should it still produce some pods?

Back