• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

First time Hydro!

Conrad_Turbo said:
It'll grow just fine. I pulled a slow growing Jalapeno out from the garden and put it in a DWC setup, the roots have doubled in size in less than a week. A pepper has already begun to form and the plant is slowly beginning to grow and flower.

This is my setup: http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=12886

How much is difference between nutrient solution level and pot in your setup? Mine is almost on water and I have 600l/hour double airpump with two airstones connected. It's so nice to listen to it...
:)

I forgot to ask about nutrient solution EC, mine is 750ppm atm, PH 6.0, around 40l capacity for one plant (I am lazy for changing solution too often), I think it is OK for now...

I'm using a tiny Tetra 10 air pump which is very quiet and provides enough air circulation. I can't hear it from a few feet away, last thing I want is to hear bubbles from my plants while watching a movie.

My PH is 6.0 and once it creeps up to 6.5-7.0 then I change the solution. I haven't had to change it yet in the keg, it's been about two weeks so far, the keg holds 4.5L of nutrients. As for EC, I don't have a meter, I mix it as per the nutrient bottles. EC doesn't tell you which nutrients are exhausted or which there is an overabundance. I go by PH and change the solution when it creeps up.

Hey,
With 40L you can get more then 1 plant in there 8). I have 48L for 3 plants in a DWC and they are doing great. I used a 18G rubber maid tub.

--James

I'm doing a flush every 2 weeks to get all those salts from the plants out of the water. Dont really use the PH to tell me when to flush.

qbvbsite said:
Hey,
With 40L you can get more then 1 plant in there 8). I have 48L for 3 plants in a DWC and they are doing great. I used a 18G rubber maid tub.

--James

I have no enough room for three plants, one will be just fine, it is testing phase anyway, for next year.

I think you could 2 plants in there for sure :). I would raise the water level to an half inch (or untill the roots in the pot are in the water) above the pot until roots are coming through in the bottom (maybe yours is i dunno). Its just so the root are in the solution until the roots are developed.

It seems that something went wrong in my hydro, will post pic later, poor little plant look pretty sad since last night...
:(

How much time does it need to get used into a new environment?
I know that I broke one root while I was cleaning it from soil but I don't think it matters so much for her...
:(

Back