• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First Time Pepper Grow Plan

Hey what's up guys. New to the forum (Sort of). I have been lurking about reading post after post doing my homework for my first pepper grow. So first off thank you to everyone here. There are some really insightful things that can be picked up these forums.

So I am posting up a basic setup and plan that I have come up with. I compiled as much info as I could and when I found certain things that were consistently coming up well, I decided that is what I will do. I have a rather limited growing space and no real ventilation solution which is easily the biggest challenge I am going to face with the grow. So unfortunately CFL's or T5's are all I am going to be able to use.

The entire grow will be inside a storage room on my apartment patio. I live in Ca. so temperatures should stay reasonable. If only I had a backyard lol. 

Anyway here is my plan outline. I would love any feedback you all have or changes you would make. 

[SIZE=12pt]Basic Grow Overview[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Indoor soil grow start to finish[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]High Output CFLs[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]3-4 mother plants[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Clone out bushy cuttings to keep height down and create consistency[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]End goal is some sauces and powders to give away next Christmas[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Strains (All from Pepper Joes)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Chocolate Habanero[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Carolina Reaper[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Chaguanas 7 Pod[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Numex Suave Orange (If I can find seeds) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Lights[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]2x CFL 200w 12,000 - 17,000 Lumens ea[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]6,500K for Veg and 2,700K for Bloom[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]On a timer 18/6 cycle[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]I do not have a way to properly vent an HID so CFL or T5 were the only options[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]If I had an extra $600 laying around I would go LED but not an option[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Soil[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Fox Farm Ocean Forest[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Pots[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Veg/Flower[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Smart Pots[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Eventually end up in 5-7 Gallon smart pots[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Germination[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Rapid Rooter with heating mat[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]1st Transplant[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]2 Gallon Smart Pot[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Cloning[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Clip clones from mother plants through the winter[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Once stable they will go in smart pots[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fertilizer[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Root booster tablets on the clones after they set[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Seaweed Fish blend "Neptune's Harvest"[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]http://www.amazon.com/Neptunes-Harvest-Organic-Hydrolized-Fertilizer/dp/B000OWBUSA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377669444&sr=8-1&keywords=neptunes+harvesthttp://www.amazon.com/Neptunes-Harv...d=1377669444&sr=8-1&keywords=neptunes+harvest[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Foliar Feeding[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Epsom salt 1 Tablespoon per liter of water[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Schedule[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Alternate weeks? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Assuming feed once a week alternating with soil seaweed/fish to foliar epsom[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Watering[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Spray bottle during germination and seedling stages[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Water Filter[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Reverse Osmosis filter[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Pest Control[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Hopefully none![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Grow Room[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Reflection[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]o    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Black White Foil[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Modular storage rack setup[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]·         [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Small fan[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Possibly Humidifier [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Feedback welcomed! Thanks[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sneaky6[/SIZE]