First time

Hi all this is my first time growing peppers and for that matter, anything. I am growing jalapenos, chocolate habaneros and bhut jolokias. I planted the jalapenos and choc. Habs on 4 Feb and the bhuts on the 20th. The jalapenos are strong and getting their 1st set of leaves while the habs never showed up. I replanted the habs after soaking them first on the 20th. The first one just showed up. I really hope that this one makes it because I was looking forward to having choc habs this year.

Well, I don't really have any questions, I just felt like sharing my story. This is harder than I thought that it would be!

Hay Wolfhound

It.s not like planting a pumpkin seed is it.

You've come to the right place for questions when you do have one.

Good Luck SC

Just be patient with the habs and bhuts. I planted Red Caribbean Habs and Bhuts on the 12th and I have what looks to be my last bhut to pop coming up today. The first hab only took 6 days, the first bhut 8 or 9. Some just take their sweet time coming out of their warm hiding place.

The jalapeño will grow much faster so don't worry too much if the others slowly creep along....

Best of luck =)

Most of my chocolate varities took a long time to germinate. Most of the chocolate habs took 2-3 weeks. Some of my chocolate bhuts took over 5 weeks (estimation). Douglahs took 2-3+ weeks. Most of my bhuts popped up in about 5-7 days though. They will come up faster if you can keep the soil about 84-86 degrees and keep some humidity in there.

Yea I figured that they would take a while. I have some bhut and choc hab seeds in plastics cups on wet paper towels. They are at 85 degrees and been there for 2 days so far. We will just see how long it takes. Thanks for the heads up Avon.

welcome mate, I have been eating hot products for a while but I'm in the same league as you, only just started growing, and it's already so much more fun than just eating hot peppers.
Good luck and enjoy, the guys (and gals) here are eternally helpful if you are polite, so ask away, but search if possible first :P

I only bought 2 naga seedlings cause I couldn't get any to germinate, so I will have a different approach for next spring, but I am taking care of them, making sure they get sun.....
anyways, good luck on your kitchen gardening adventures!!!

Welcome! You could use a heating pad or other source to raise the temp to 80* to speed up the process.

I simply let them sit and wait for them to show up. :woohoo:

Welcome! You could use a heating pad or other source to raise the temp to 80* to speed up the process.

I simply let them sit and wait for them to show up. :woohoo:

He said he's got them at 85, so sounds like he has the conditions right. Just have to wait and keep the fingers crossed. :)

Welcome to the forum, The germination gets easier with experience. Keep trying, learning and reading on this forum. Good luck with your season.

Mike

Back