• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

first year...rough lessons :(

I planted a ton of varieties in January thinking I'd have plenty to grow out and share with family. Well my poor choices in potting up medium/light issues/cold wet spring have conspired to kill off over half of my seedlings :(. I'm now hoping for enough to plant out for myself and won't get to try many that I was looking forward to.Live and learn I guess but this has sucked some of the fun out of this season already...sigh
Jerry

I feel yer pain buddy!  We're about a month or so from planting out date up here and I've lost a couple peppers that were dear to me along the way.  I won't have a couple varieties this year due to my negligence with the watering schedule.  Alas, sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.  Good luck with your remaining stock.

I feel your pain... cause of my space limitations i often grow a single plant per variety so every loss is a drama :(
Take it easy anyway! We all sow much more stuff than we really need! Also there is plenty of super honest vendors on THP that will refill your heat needs when all else fails :)

Good luck

Datil

I've been going through the same thing. I have very little space so I can only grow 1 or 2 plants from each variety. I have lost more than I managed to grow and I think I've made almost every mistake so far. I WAS very discouraged but the plants I did manage to get going look great. I'll do a little better next year. This site helps a lot!

I hope you get some good plants out of this season.

Back