• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fertilizer Fish Fertilizer

When I repotted by seedlings I accidentally used seed starter (first time grower) and because it has no nutes in it I was told I should maybe add some weak fertilizer to them. I work for an online nutrition store and we sell this fish fertilizer. Does anyone think this stuff would be good to add to it? They are currently in 6-8oz cups.

http://www.nutritiongeeks.com/p-9069-fish-fertilizer-concentrate.aspx

Or would I be better off trying to change the soil?

I actually use a potting mix that has 0 ferts in it intentionally because I can control how much and what the plants get since I prefer to foiler feed my plants. If you get a soil that has fertz mixed in it's hard to control how much they are getting and some times they get to much and die. That stuff you posted would be fine try mixing it in water with a small amount of wetting agent and just foiler feed them.

I did order some Botanicare products but just wanted to get something on them right away. I didn't know how much of this stuff I should use. We also sell bone meal that I heard a lot of people like to use.

Just don't over do it. It's easy to do. I would start with a very mild mix and see how the plants react.

The problem is I'm not sure what a mild mix would be. Any ideas? And should I definitely use the fish fertilizer as a foliage spray only or can I just bottom water with the solution. I know I feel like I am over-thinking this crap. I probably should just give it a go. I just don't want to do the wrong thing and kill them out of being ignorant.

Back