• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fish Peppers

Tell me a lil about your experience with them. I got sent some seed for some from here, and am intrigued by what I read on the net but lookin for first had accounts.I am gettin up to 40 plus varities, and just trying to narrow it down for next year. I have plenty of room with the side lot, and my irritation is pulled from the lake, so water isn't an issue. I am just trying to figure out how many of each at this point. I do know I am going to up my stuffing pepper category this year. :beer:

hi

its an average pepper in flavor but quite mild
it is a bushy and prolific plant with variegated white and green leave, its a really beautiful plant that people will comment on

i grew it this last year and i guess its because im not much of an anuum species fan, i love Aji and Habaneros personally, Fish makes a nice edition to a flower bed and really livens up a garden
peppers are rather small and wont stuff well, i could be wrong i had a few that where a little larger
it origin is speculated as coming from somewhere in Africa and may have been brought hear by slaves

it gets it name because it was used in ethnic fish dishes
they like water but not too much just like most peppers, very hardy and easy to care for, will do very well in containers also

i hope this helps a little

thanks your friend joe

hi

its an average pepper in flavor but quite mild
it is a bushy and prolific plant with variegated white and green leave, its a really beautiful plant that people will comment on

i grew it this last year and i guess its because im not much of an anuum species fan, i love Aji and Habaneros personally, Fish makes a nice edition to a flower bed and really livens up a garden
peppers are rather small and wont stuff well, i could be wrong i had a few that where a little larger
it origin is speculated as coming from somewhere in Africa and may have been brought hear by slaves

it gets it name because it was used in ethnic fish dishes
they like water but not too much just like most peppers, very hardy and easy to care for, will do very well in containers also

i hope this helps a little

thanks your friend joe

+1) Nice right up Joe and I agree with you,
I been growing the "Fish" and a few other "ornamental" looking peppers for some time now. They're eatable but not one I'd recommend on the best tasting list. I grow the plants for their variegated look and during the spring plant sales I'll place those next to the "Maui Purple's", most people will be intrigued with the striking constrast and I can usually sell both together...

Greg

Yep Joe and Greg are right on the money. Even more cool looking than the variegated leaves, are the unripe peppers. Before they turn completely red they have stripes on them of many slightly different colors that looks kind of like tie dye made out of only various reddish colors. It's pretty neat.

Taste is decent, but not one of the top peppers for flavor usefulness in the kitchen.

Yep Joe and Greg are right on the money. Even more cool looking than the variegated leaves, are the unripe peppers. Before they turn completely red they have stripes on them of many slightly different colors that looks kind of like tie dye made out of only various reddish colors. It's pretty neat.

Taste is decent, but not one of the top peppers for flavor usefulness in the kitchen.
o h yeah i forgot about the striped peppers!!

great info. Thanks. Fish pepper is on my list of grows for 2012. I'll make sure they're in a nicely visible portion of my garden!

Back