• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fertilizer Fish & seaweed fertilizer - when to stop?

A few months ago I decided to try using some Neptune's Fish & Seaweed 2-3-1 fertilizer on a few 1-year-old plants every 3-4 weeks. They seem to have enjoyed it. A few weeks ago the buds started and I now have around 30 peppers growing. Is there a time I should stop using it? Will it affect the peppers at all (good or bad)? Should I continue to give it to them? I'm also using it on another batch of small plants I started this year. Thanks..

No way! Keep feeding those puppies! Neptune like many other organic fertilizer's such as this recommend once every 2-3 weeks. I would bump it up to 2 weeks as it still needs nutes to produce pods. If you are on a good growing regime as is though you may just keep doing what you are doing at every 3-4 weeks. The fert is made to be used from start to finish though.

You can keep using it every so often since it is low in N. Low N is key when feeding during the bloom/fruiting stage

No way! Keep feeding those puppies! Neptune like many other organic fertilizer's such as this recommend once every 2-3 weeks. I would bump it up to 2 weeks as it still needs nutes to produce pods. If you are on a good growing regime as is though you may just keep doing what you are doing at every 3-4 weeks. The fert is made to be used from start to finish though.

Thanks... I will keep giving it! This is my 2nd "serious" year growing and basically every bud has turned into a pepper before the flower even popped open so far. One plant has about 80-100 buds on it so it could be a monster producer (they're bhuts... I recently repotted the best one into a 15-gal container).

I just gave my plants that stuff today and man does it stink. How long does the stink last?

If it's the Neptune stuff.. it will go away within a couple days. It won't be as strong on the subsequent days. I've read some other brands are more stinky so I don't know with them.

Thanks... I will keep giving it! This is my 2nd "serious" year growing and basically every bud has turned into a pepper before the flower even popped open so far. One plant has about 80-100 buds on it so it could be a monster producer (they're bhuts... I recently repotted the best one into a 15-gal container).

If it's the Neptune stuff.. it will go away within a couple days. It won't be as strong on the subsequent days. I've read some other brands are more stinky so I don't know with them.

Good to hear! Way to keep them happy!

Back