food FLAMING BARRAMUNDI ALMONDINE

HELLO ALL
I just wanted to share this seeing that Barramundi has become easier find in the USA
and its an awesome tasting fish
this recipe also works good with Catfish,Mahi Mahi, and Telapia

#1 - take 4 portions of Barramundi or other fish of your choice
#2 - sea salt and crushed fresh colored pepper
# 3- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
# 4- juice of 1 lemon or more if you wish
# 5 - 1/4 slivered almonds
# 6 - your favorite hot pepper (amount to your taste) :mouthonfire: :onfire:
# 7 - 2 tbsp butter
# 8 - 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

rinse and pat dry the fish portions
add all ingredients to the pan with the fish and be sure to even distribute the ingredients (except for the almonds)evenly and be sure the portions do not touch so that the flavors will be consistent bake at 325 degrees f and frequently baste fish with marinade

while fish baking take 2 tbsp butter and slivered almonds with a little lemon juice and saute until golden brown and put over fish right before serving

hope there will be some interest in this one its wonderful

thanks your friend AJIJOE

Joe, after folks make your terrific sounding recipe ,they can end the night at one of my waterholes by the same name. p.s. the natchos have loads of jalepenos on them.http://www.barramundiny.com/

yellin huh thats OK im a bit hard of hearing anyway too much shootin with no ear protection as a teen LOL :lol: :lol:

no pics yet because i have not made it yet, just wanted to share
and i am going to make this one with catfish,mahi mahi and barramundi

thanks your friend joe

So I tried this last night with halibut!

I used yellow fatali (one whole pepper, pulsed in the food processor), and I also added 1/2 of a vidalia onion and a quarter of an orange zested all together in the food processor.

Turned out great :) Sorry no pictures, my camera was not handy, but next time I will.

Back