Flat top griddles

bringing back man gravy memories 

The Hot Pepper said:
I may even throw some pineapple on the flatty.
but screw ranch lol!
:seeya:
QUICK! Call Zalkind!

I`m liking the one TB uses in his garage. nice large cook area and no worries when your burgers and sausages spatter all over the place. 

i got a few flattops. one is cast iron and reversible. flat on one side and ribbed on the other. another is electric and rather large. my wife uses it when doing pancakes, eggs and bacon for when cooking for more people. 

also have this one that came with our oven. it has a 5th burner and the flat top fits over the grates. 

20190102_213714_resized.jpg

20190102_213820_resized.jpg

Pookie, you need to cut down on the oil you put on the Lodge griddle. I got one for Xmas and love it so far. I'm still seasoning it after 2 uses. The first thing I did was bust out the orbital sander and take it down to metal and get rid of that crappy seasoning job Lodge did on it.

I also have an aluminum one which is also good for defrosting food since it dissipates temperatures good, an electric one(still in the box) with just the grates and the pancake/egg griddle that came with the stove(it sucks and never used) but it doesn't get hot enough to sear steaks or burgers.
100_3771.JPG

I love that burnt crispy crust the Lodge puts on burgers.
100_3767.JPG

NOW if I can program the smoke alarm to recognize the smell of searing beef so it doesn't go off 10 times when I'm cooking, life would be better!

Rajun Gardener said:
Pookie, you need to cut down on the oil you put on the Lodge griddle.

Threw that thing away years ago. Never liked the side with ridges for much so didn't season that side. Was heavy, and hard to store in a small kitchen. Very happy with what I have now.

The Hot Pepper said:
Very nice!

I used to have the Lodge reversible griddle, no thanks. You season both sides, cook on one, the other drips all over. A mess to keep seasoned and store.

I have one.

Don't use it much.

Because of my gas flat top.

But here's the thang.

The Lodge griddle was never intended to be used on a stove top.

Its an accessory to the Lodge Hibachi.

And here's a nuther thang.

If the zombie pack a lisp comes.

And the Blackstone runs out of gas.

I can burn dang near any fuel in the hibachi.

And use the griddle.

Another cast iron pan.

A dutch oven.

Late at night.

When the stars are bright.

Clap now.

4 times.

I disagree. It's sold for stovetops. It's not shaped like the hibachi and it's reversible. Why would you need to imitate a grill on a grill? Pineapple head.

The Hot Pepper said:
I disagree. It's sold for stovetops. It's not shaped like the hibachi and it's reversible. Why would you need to imitate a grill on a grill? Pineapple head.

Watch the flick to the end.

Free your mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqmHE6Nw-EU

No one said you couldn't do it, but it was made for the kitchen. It's even called a "Double Burner" griddle. Free your mind.

Back