• Do you need help identifying a šŸŒ¶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? šŸ¤§
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

flavor and heat guide

is there any where on the t.h.p. that has a basic guide for hot peppers? some thing like what does a chocolate hab. taste like, heat level.
what flavor is 7 pot, heat level? get the idea. i know that there is way to many peppers to list them all, but a basic guide would be cool. i mean hot.

rickster said:
is there any where on the t.h.p. that has a basic guide for hot peppers? some thing like what does a chocolate hab. taste like, heat level.
what flavor is 7 pot, heat level? get the idea. i know that there is way to many peppers to list them all, but a basic guide would be cool. i mean hot.
Search juanitos - I know he's got a pepper database project going. Ā :)

there isn't a basic guide that tells everything because peppers can vary heat levels depending on person. and taste is subject to growing conditions, method, fresh vs dried, your palette, etc.
Ā 
you can just start watching nigel carter and bill moore on youtube (a couple hundred hours of content).
Ā 
you can view this at a glance, click on the variety name to see if anyone has left reviews yet(not many on their yet). http://pepperdatabase.org/wiki/Special:CargoTables/Variety

rickster said:
I think both taste and interpretation of heat level is subjective (possibly due to various capsaicinoid concentrations differing from variety to variety)
Ā 
for example I have a friend that eats fresh Ghost peppers,and the occasional Scorpion pepper,(he really prefers the Bhuts) however he Cannot handle a roasted Manzano or Rocoto pepper, 1 bite and he's all lit up like it's his first hot pepperĀ  :mouthonfire:
Ā 
it's actually kind of amusing, because he assumed all would be fine based on his Chinense toleranceĀ 
Ā 
:rofl:

Back