• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense FLAVOR: Scotch bonnets vs. orange habs

[font="'Trebuchet MS"]How would you compare the flavors?[/font]
[font="'Trebuchet MS"]I find the orange habs bright and fruity. Never had the scotch bonnets.[/font]
[font="'Trebuchet MS"]Do you think the flavor makes one pepper better than another in certain situations?[/font]

it a little hard to explain really if you never had a Scotch Bonnet

they do have that fruity appeal but quite a bit more than an orange hab, there are some subtle nuances that an orange hab does not have

i like both but prefer the Bonnet, you should try them there wonderful

thanks your friend Joe

Thanks My Friend Joe.

I've gone around and called around Chicago over the past few months. No scotch bonnets. Finally, I got a grocery store to order some. They should be in the store Wednesday or Thursday. So, I'll find out then.

I'm a bit impatient and curious about what other people have to say about how the 2 peppers compare.

Thanks My Friend Joe.

I've gone around and called around Chicago over the past few months. No scotch bonnets. Finally, I got a grocery store to order some. They should be in the store Wednesday or Thursday. So, I'll find out then.

I'm a bit impatient and curious about what other people have to say about how the 2 peppers compare.
hello Oz your welcome
make sure to do a follow up when you have tasted them
im sure you will enjoy them
thanks for asking for our opinions im sure there will be more on the way your friend AJIJOE

I find Scotch Bonnets to have a "stinky berry" smell. The taste is more berrylike, with greater pungency and more sweetness than smokiness compared to Habaneros.

I find Scotch Bonnets to have a "stinky berry" smell. The taste is more berrylike, with greater pungency and more sweetness than smokiness compared to Habaneros.

The taste test is done, and I've discovered the opposite. The orange hab has a brighter, sweeter, citrus flavor. The scotch bonnet is more earthy and has me in the mind of tomatoes.

i like jamican scotch bonnets very tasty my favorite sauce is mad with them . but just to eat orange habs are my favorite tasting pepper. i cant get enough of them i put them in atleast 2 meals a day

Hard for me to describe the flavors, but I find real Jamaican yellow SBs to be some of my all-time favorites. Not as lemony/citrusy as some other yellow Chinenses but very fruity, although not the same fruityiness as an orange hab. Red SB varieties on the other hand seem to be a lot less consistant in shape and flavors, and to me are good but nothing really special.

I will say they taste better than those store bough habs.

now home grown is something I will leave up to you to try out.

I cannot eat the peppers fresh, but I made orange habanero pepper jelly last year, and did not
like it at all. I usually make it with Jalapeno's. This year I made a little bit of powder with my
red scotch bonnet and it was so good. I actually found the red scotch bonnet to have a little
sweetness to it. I am also going to try the safi red bonnet to compare it to next year.

im grow a real winner this year but you dont hear too much about it

im growing "ADJOEMA SCOTCH BONNET" this season from what im getting it very tasty so i would say the scotch bonnets have it

thanks your friend Joe

Back