• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Flowering already?

I only planted my Chocolate Habanero and Trinidad Scorpion seeds in February but today I noticed the plants all have what look like young flowers developing in their upper leaves. At just 3 months old and given they're of the chinense species, can they be producing flowers and peppers already?

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

Sure looks that way. My habanero plant is smaller and than that and it's putting out loads of buds. My pablano a I might pick the buds off, they all four have flowers and the shortest plant is only like 3.5 inches tall.

I pinch my Chinense's, until the plants are large enough to fruit

Btw. It looks like I can see the roots in the first pic. If they are roots, I recommend covering them up with fresh soil :)

My black jalapeño that I overwintered from last summer is already setting fruit. And my Prik Kee for the growdown has loads of pods, that was started on Feb 15.

healthy looking plants, ignore any advice on pinching buds just leave the plant to do its thing. I would say though to re-pot into bigger pots.

Here is a Habanero I grew a couple years ago

I was advised not so surprisingly to pinch the buds but I left it...

100_1795.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Turned out to be a very productive plant :)

They are probably flowering due to being rootbound. Pot them up and they'll start growing a lot faster.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Did someone say flowering already....

Is this where we show off pictures of our flowering superhots? Here's a Chocolate Bhut!
TA8GN04.jpg

scotchnaga85 said:
healthy looking plants, ignore any advice on pinching buds just leave the plant to do its thing. I would say though to re-pot into bigger pots.

Here is a Habanero I grew a couple years ago

I was advised not so surprisingly to pinch the buds but I left it...

Turned out to be a very productive plant :)
I think it's more about personal preference. I pinch my plants and aside from a chocolate bhut, they've all been very productive. Not the best pics but here's a few habaneros I grew last year (chocolate, orange and pumpkin)
15alj4.jpg

Pinched these and they were quite productive
rjpefs.jpg

2v8l3eo.jpg

aczpki.jpg

Even used the orange habs to brew a Habanero Double IPA, which was awesome. Right off the plant and into the wort...
sew3uo.jpg

Capt Poopiepants said:
I think it's more about personal preference. I pinch my plants and aside from a chocolate bhut, they've all been very productive. Not the best pics but here's a few habaneros I grew last year (chocolate, orange and pumpkin)
15alj4.jpg

Pinched these and they were quite productive
rjpefs.jpg

2v8l3eo.jpg

aczpki.jpg

Even used the orange habs to brew a Habanero Double IPA, which was awesome. Right off the plant and into the wort...
sew3uo.jpg
Your location though is a sunny one with plenty of strong sunshine year round. You could probably grow chillies all year round, the OP is in Scotland. Scotland has a vile climate and the growing season is much shorter - not ideal for slow growing super hots.

I agree in ideal conditions (like yours) pinching early buds won't make much of a difference, but for us in cooler climates with weaker sun strength I personally would leave it.

Nice one the beer :-D interesting tasting beer id imagine :)

Back