• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Flowering and Fruit in Jan???

I have 4 plants in earth boxes on the upstairs patio and they never really lost their leaves in nov-dec like the ones on the lower patio did this year. They did drop all flowers and fruit in early dec after a week of bad weather, but it seems like they have made a comeback recently. I noticed after the last rain that a few had some buds, but no flowers. I checked again earlier this week and I actually have a small amount of flowers on each plant and the TS even has fruit already growing. The patio is enclosed except for the area facing east to west. Apparently the 3/4 enclosed patio keeps just enough cold / wind off of the plants to allow them to keep on growing throughout the winter!! Next year I will dedicate that entire patio to the plants and hopefully conintue growing all year long again!

Some guys have all the luck, if you can keep them going throughout the year, more power to you. Looks like you have a plan in motion, good deal. I an experiencing that same situation with my generic serranos. They are outside against the side of the house , facing the SW. and they are still producing, after all the heavy rains we've had. It's all good my friend.

my plants are inside, in containers and sit in a south facing window, this side of the window 68F, other side of the window 27F, tomorrow will be 3F.

so, what's happening, i don't know but gold bullet habs have loads of flowers, orange habs - dozen flowers, hot lemons small buds. Like last year, fatalii nothing.

all flowers are small, i can see the male portion but am having a very hard time seeing the female portion. i have been shaking the plants and brushing the flowers but it doesn't seem to help, the flowers evenually just drop.

Sounds like you've found and are utilizing a favorable micro-climate to keep fresh peppers on your table year round.

Congrats!

dvg

Back