• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

flowering inside, want to keep in veg state

Hey,
got about 4 pepper plants (out of about 40) that are starting to flower inside, and they are no where near the size i want them to be when i move them outside, do I just pick the flowers off? They havent opened yet.

577538_175521382605932_1280699533_n.jpg

602745_175521459272591_2000577038_n.jpg

The sooner you pinch em off the better. Right now the plant is gona focus on flowering and therefore wasting energy on flowering than veg. Once you pinch there will be no buds and the plant can focus only on growing.

,Vegas

i noticed some on a plant of mine today and pinched them right off. I also pinched the top growth off as well. No idea if this is a good idea but i did it anyway.

that is my next question oski, does topping of pepper plants work as expected? Does anyone else here know, or top their plants as they have good success with increasing yield? im assuming its exactly the same as other plants.

Check out spicy chicken's glog and Jamison. Yes it does produce more. Topping off helps branch out earlier, more branches more peppers. Spicy chicken has a very different way. Either check his last years glog or follow his new one.

,Vegas

This actually describes it. Once it gets a woody stem and a good amount leaves just pluck all the leaves and snip the top. This is my first time trying and it looks like branches are gona shoot off the stem. BTW this is a Peruvian white hab.

IMG_20130321_190345.jpg

,Vegas

Back