flowering to early

If you are growing yr round and don't want peppers now I'd snip em off and top your plant for optimum growth/bushiness

Good plan newpepper!
TX is correct though. The plant is not to small. But it never hurts to cut one back since you have two of them

I see leaves(maybe some type of mite) damaged by critters, this would explain the flowering, under stress plants will flower to preserve the species.

It's a choice, earlier ripe peppers or more energy for the plant to grow larger and produce more peppers in total by the end of the season.  On 1st year plants I leave a few blooms but pick off the rest.  That way I know sooner that the plant is really what I think it is and have a nice sample to eat, while still giving the plant a little more energy to grow larger.

2nd+ year plants are already big enough that it won't impact them so all the blooms stay on those.

I guess I haven't followed along with your crop this year but August is early for blooms?  Never heard that before unless you got a really late start this spring or summer.

Dave2000 said:
It's a choice, earlier ripe peppers or more energy for the plant to grow larger and produce more peppers in total by the end of the season.  On 1st year plants I leave a few blooms but pick off the rest.  That way I know sooner that the plant is really what I think it is and have a nice sample to eat, while still giving the plant a little more energy to grow larger.

2nd+ year plants are already big enough that it won't impact them so all the blooms stay on those.

I guess I haven't followed along with your crop this year but August is early for blooms?  Never heard that before unless you got a really late start this spring or summer 

i started most of my plant in january but the naga vipers and a couple other types i started in march. winter where i live really doesnt really cause any harm to my plants. i was referring to the size of the plant, the plants i started january dident have that problem they just grew large and then started shooting out flowers. i seem to be having this problem with my naga vipers and yellow ghosts only and i dont know why

Back