• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Flowers But No Pods..

Hey all,

A friend of mine has a few Habanero plants that they started indoors and they have had flowers for about 3 months without any pods. They have them in soil, in 3 gallon buckets with fluorescent lights if that info helps. What type of things could cause this? I can find out more details I suppose, this was pretty much the jist I got.

Thanks in advance :)

Shauna

Hey Ed, thanks!!. So is that common for these pepper plants to not self pollinate? "lacking nutes"? huh? lol, sorry..I haven't got all the terms ect down ....yet :) What would be something they could do to 'fix' the 'no nute problem'? I'm guessing the only thing to do if they need pollinated would be to bring in some bees or butterflies :) They live in Northern WI so the highs today they said were only in the 40's...but they have to keep their plants inside due to nowhere to put them anyway. Anything they can do to try and figure out what is going on? Maybe go in steps?

indoor pods require high light/lumen output. Hps is the preferred choice! humidity level should be at 60% at least. Hand pollination is a good option for indoors, make sure the fert used is low in N and a bloom fert is recommended as well. Over and under watering should also be avoided. Keep temps around 80-85 for the high and 60-65 for the low. A fan is also recommended to help with pollination as well.

Thank you, I will pass this along to them. I did find out they are in 4" pots still and the lights are 5' away. They say the plants were under a 600 watt light with their veggie plants for a 'period' now they are just under the fluorescent.

You know what works real good to pollinate them manually is a Pocket Rocket (womans massager). I have read here people using electric vibrating tooth brush to do it but i didn't have one so i used the Pocket Rocket and started getting peppers..
There quite powerful and all you really need to do is to turn it on and put it on a few of the bigger branches and it vibrates the entire plant.. Dang vibrators they almost replaced men and now bees! :drooling:

Back