• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

flowers

I started out growing peppers in the ground it didn't work out .So i am trying to grow in pots,but i am losing flowers,i am using miracle grow potting soil,is there anything i should use to help me from losing flowers......

When should i start planting seeds for next year now or next year??

I started out growing peppers in the ground it didn't work out .So i am trying to grow in pots,but i am losing flowers,i am using miracle grow potting soil,is there anything i should use to help me from losing flowers......

in my own personal experience Miricle grow retains more water than "I" like so i use Sundhine growers mix#4 or PromixBX. that is just me i have seen people grow with MG products but i personally cannot. and loss of flower can mean too much nitrogen, and or too much water. my mystery pepper plant was dropping flowers like crazy and it seemed once on pod started to grow more followed, what i did was change from Dyna grows Foliage pro to the "Bloom" which has less nitrogen and a little more P-K and i added some cal mag to each watering and it seemed to help as my yellow 7pot was not setting pods and once i made the change it has now 1 pod! good luck

Eric

The reason the flowers fall from plant are you might have to much nitrogen in soil so it be good idea stop using fertilizer for while, to start the seeds for next year depend on variety.Like wild ones & C.Chinense,C.Pubescens starting January they are slow growing plants,C.Baccatum & C.Annuum in in middle of February. :)

I would lay off the nitrogen, as advised, and decrease the frequency of watering. Also, if humidity is very high, that could cause flowers to drop (as well as a lot of other factors). Peppers can be a bit sensitive when it comes to flowering, especially if you enable them optimal "growth" conditions - they'll forgo "immediate pods" for higher yields later on.

Flower drop probable causes:

1. Day temp too high >95F
2. Night temp too low <65F
3. Too much nitrogen fertilizer
4. Too much water
5. Low light levels (reduces fertility).
6. Very low humidity (reduces fertility)
7. Poor air circulation (air circulation contributes to pollination).
8. Lack of pollinating insects.
9. Size of pot
10. Too much mineral in feedwater.
11. Too much grower attention/anxiety.

Back