• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic Flushing a Hydroponic Plant

So I am afraid I over dosed my Brain Strain Yellow in the hydroponic bucket. I did some reading on "illegal" plant sites and seems like they all have some sort of advice for people that have done it too, "flushing" the plant.

Basically they say to empty the bucket and rinse it out, refill with plain water and stick the plant back in for a couple days. Some suggest putting 1 cap of H2O2 per gallon of water in as well. Any opinions on this? I did as suggested and the plant hasnt had anything but water for 2 days now. Thinking about cutting my nute strength in half for awhile and seeing what happens with that.

The reason I did it was I got some leaves that turned soft and then got some brown patches on them, I removed those leaves already. The plant is still perky and seems to have recovered.

Thanks Alpha, I cleaned the bucket again this morning and added 2 gallons of fresh water and 1/2 the required nutes for the volume (1/2 strength). Gonna leave the light on for a couple hours then let it go back into it's normal cycle. Luckily all the leaves I lost were below the main split, so they arent really productive leaves anyways.

I use clearex every other month when doing a res change i pour 2 gallons water mixed with clearex over the roots to remove any built up salts. They seem to be very happy after that.

Thanks, I will look into that product.
it was also recommended to me to use on soil plants once a month or so to makes sure that the salts are pushed out, i do flush when watering but they seem to get happy and get a growth spurt after i have used it. like 17 dollras per bottle and i use like 3-4 tsp/gallon.

just to clarify, i pull the lid(basket) and put in on a nother 5 gallon bucket and just pour the mixture over the hydroton and flush that too)

I think it depends on if your plant is in a basket or in a large container of grow media.
If you are just using a basket of whatever(hydroton or?),it will only take a very short time to wash out any excess of ferts with fresh water.
If you are using a larger container with vermiculite , coco coir or whatever it might take a day or so of running fresh water through it to clear out extra nutes.

I personally just change nutes whenever needed.
Every so often I run water through my system but not very often.
Only when I feel like it-just in case and for no other reason.

Back