food Fondue Bowl

Okay this is my take on Fondue bread, its easy and something I enjoy mostly on the holidays. Of course I havent had this much heat at my disposal in previous holidays. This turned out great and my lips are still burning!

Ingredients:
Cheddar cheese
Pepper Jack cheese
2X cream cheese
1 small container sour cream
1 can green chilis
1 large bred bowl ( I usually go with the larger sour dough bowl but they sold out today)
(my dad likes worshire sauce in it, I do not.)

peppers in used in this batch:
orange bhut jolokia cross (seeded)
small 7 pod primo
red fatalii cross
chocolate bhut jolokia powder (very small amount!)
(with the exception of the orange bhut the rest of those came from Patrick (Thanks buddy!) )

aCOpy.jpg

Basically grade half of both the cheeses and mix in the cream cheese. This is a bit hard so I Microwave it for about 60 seconds to its easy to mix, than add the sour cream and peppers and mix well.

tZ4YB.jpg

Cut the top off the bread bowl and hollow out, save the bread from the inside in a zip lock bag. Stuff the emptied bread bowl with the mix and pop the top on.

RpuX5.jpg

Cover very thoroughly in tin foil and bake on 300 for about and hour, mix it and it usually take about another hour and a half to be done.
Once its about done take the bread in the zip lock and cut into squares and cover in melted butter on a oven pan. Take the bread out of the oven and set the oven to broil. Brown all sides of the bread squares and dip in cheese. The great thing is the entire bowl is edible.

QFgcf.jpg

If you set out the cream cheese in advance and let it soften up a bit, it's easier to mix with. Also, if you had added in the sour cream during the first step, the liquid would have helped with that, too.

Looks amazing! You might try adding some bacon some time.

Back