dehydrators Food Dehydrators: Do you use them and are they worth the expense?

SmokenFire said:
I love my $69 nesco.  Couldn't do without it now after 2 seasons.  Really handy.  Have thought about the food saver for years, but I don't care for having to buy only their bags over and over again - it's a racket like the $30 HP printer and $29 ink imo.  Nothing against those who like it - my brother LUVS his!  Freezer + dehydrator works for me.  

doesn't have to be a food saver brand bag. I got generics that work just as well. I get the non pre cut ones so what ever it is i'm bagging can be cut to size. Not to mention one roll has lasted me most the season and I buy meat in bulk and vac seal individual portions. Same with left overs. 

D3monic said:

doesn't have to be a food saver brand bag. I got generics that work just as well. I get the non pre cut ones so what ever it is i'm bagging can be cut to size. Not to mention one roll has lasted me most the season and I buy meat in bulk and vac seal individual portions. Same with left overs. 

Then I should rethink my opinion!  I didn't know there were off brand bags.  Thanks :)

SmokenFire said:

Then I should rethink my opinion!  I didn't know there were off brand bags.  Thanks :)

as long as you get one the one's that just vacs and seals like one I linked pretty sure any vac bag roll works as long as it fits in it. The only one's I can think of that require special bags are the ones with the crappy wand thing you suck from a weird port. 

I don't remember what off brand I have but these would work.. or anything similar. 

Back