Food Storage Requirements - Grocery license?

I think I asked this before, but cant find it now.  What does your state require for grocery storage?  Like if you want to resell hot sauce that someone else makes.  Reading threw the Kentucky laws and lots of not so clear things come up. 

jedisushi06 said:
call your local health inspector.

I go the rules by calling the Cabinet for Health.  Everything in Kentucky is a frigging cabinet.  Over the phone nobody seems to be able to answer simple questions.  Is a stainless steel wire rack a smooth surface?  I think you are right, I need to speak to an actual inspector.  Maybe the smart people are away for the holidays.  It feels like talking to the IRS where none of their answers are guaranteed.

Sounds like wholesaling, purchase an item and sell it to someone else.  But it is a food item.  
Selling locally...
selling internet...
don't know the regs, so I can't help with specifics.  

Hmmm.... as a wholesale seller, I've only sent my product to a very few resellers, all of which had an established store front/brickandmortar business.   It seems anyone can sell and resell 'anything' that is not a refrigerated/fresh grocery item in the internet.  

Back