• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum Fooled You Jalapeno....but wait, what's that?

Both plants from the same seed.  One looks like a jalapeno, the other has the shape, same looking bottom, calyx, etc but it's smaller, different color and much cooler looking.  It's not just this pod.  It's not sunburn, all pods on the plant look like this and the calyx appears to be turning the same color a bit.  Smell is pretty much the same, yet not as strong as  the fooled you jalapeno, which by the way doesn't smell nor taste anything like jalapeno.  Things fooled me on a few things lol
PByRu0r.jpg

vbYI9Qr.jpg

lvEPPV1.jpg

Pu7oG1g.jpg

Thoughts?  :)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Both look like jalapenos, one a purple or black and the other as you stated :)
This is true.  I got them as fooled you, which should be like the green one.  Either way, these are going in the garbage lol

JoynersHotPeppers said:
They will go red if that is what they are and get real sweet
Thanks Chris.  I'll let those ones go.  I have no interest at all in the green ones posted. 

i have about 10 plants of this one growing as we speak,there for my wife mostly, they kinda taste like jalapeno

i would not worry about the variation it seems common to this species and they do suntan, the shape tends to vary too and as long as they dont get crossed with something hot they stay cosistantly "not hot", i am still waiting for mine to turn red

next year im growing some Biker Billy Jalapenos for myself, the Fooled you is not a personal fav of mine and to me a little disappointing, but will grow a little less for the wife next year

thanks your friend Joe

geeme said:
Agree - purples. And they are even better than other jalapeños when ripe, IMO.
i have a purple jal this year and they are wonderfull will grow next year again a new favorite to add to my list

Back