For all you bonnet lovers. XXXXL TFM bonnet from Pr0digal_son

John (Pr0digal_son) sent me this gigantic TFM bonnet yesterday and I couldn`t leave it another minute before wolfing it down. Absolutely enormous bonnet and probably the largest C.chinense I`ve ever encountered. 

The flavour was spectacular and it was plenty hot, too. I`d forgotten how much I love Scotch bonnets, but this was King of the Bonnets!!! Great strain to grow if the get this big and taste this good. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkXppFyQDCk

Thank you for that review. I love habs but have never tried a Scotch  Bonnet. Sounds like that one would be killer for salsa or a puree sauce. Might have to get in contact with the  PrOdigal_son. Maybe even make habanero poppers.

saugapepper said:
Nigel,

Where the he*l is the Sepia Serpent review?

That is a massive bonnet! You are such a brave bugger.
Serpia Sepent review tomorrow......................

Not brave, just brain dead  :rofl:

Leyton Orient??? You are joking, right :P  I used to live in Islington, so not that far away from a game at The Orient.

Great review Nigel, another one I have to consider trying out. Keep em coming, can not wait for the Serpent tomorrow  :onfire:

great review!!

you should do one on the Yellow Jamaican scotch bonnet there big and tasty too

thanks your friend joe

ajijoe said:
great review!!

you should do one on the Yellow Jamaican scotch bonnet there big and tasty too

thanks your friend joe
Thanks Joe. I have a few Yellow Jamaican plants setting pods, but it will be a while yet. 

Tfm's really are just that damn big

20130810_221632_zpsb48b1b03.jpg

20130810_221542_zps739985f7.jpg

Nice Vincent, those are awesome looking TFMs. They would make the ultimate poppers. Great flavour, good heat and bacon+cheese. How could you go wrong???

nice review really glad you got to do a bonnet! I got choc scotch bonnets they are massive like that one u did they have a smooth choc hab flavor along with a hint of passion fruit they have respectable heat but not as much as I thought, seem to be well bellow yellow fatali but above orange hab probably cuz you are eating a pound and a 1/2 of peppa LOL,,

Dear Nigel,

When I grow up I want to be just like you. Playing golf for a living and eating peppers from all over the world on my off time. Not to mention having an iron stomach and a mouth as big as as horse  ;)  Just kidding about the mouth part. Well maybe I wasn't  :shh:

JOhn is a master grower and you can see that in his pods and plants. Great review per usual.  Keep em coming. 

romy6 said:
 Dear Nigel,

When I grow up I want to be just like you. Playing golf for a living and eating peppers from all over the world on my off time. Not to mention having an iron stomach and a mouth as big as as horse  ;)  Just kidding about the mouth part. Well maybe I wasn't  :shh:

JOhn is a master grower and you can see that in his pods and plants. Great review per usual.  Keep em coming. 
Thanks Jamie. I`m broke, but I`m happy!!! `Ole Iron Gut says.....Naaaay.....

John also sent me some awesome and very different pods to try. Reviews this week on some extremely cool and rare varieties.

Back