• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

For the record...

SadisticPeppers

eXtreme Business
Sicman's Butch T's are no joke. I got two boxes of his Butch T's today in the mail, and 11 hours after making a batch of sauce from them, and despite gloves, my hands still feel like they're on fire!

Nice!

Though I've heard several people lately saying "despite gloves"..... wondering what you all are doing to cause that, or if you're just buying really cheap (ineffective) gloves. I get the Clean Cuisine gloves and never have a problem with them, unless I do something like accidentally slice the gloves while I'm slicing pods. They're latex-free, for those with sensitive skin. I have even cut up a batch of pods, washed the gloves (while still on my hands), taken them off, then later reused them for another couple batches.

I was using a pair of nitrile gloves I got from work. I think next time, I'll double glove :)

I have found that latex gloves hold out against the capsaicin longer than nitrile, but they both eventually will become useless. As a rule of thumb, I change gloves every 30 minutes when processing pods.

I have also heard many people say that nitrile gloves work better than latex, either way I am sure it is directly related to the thickness of the gloves.

Back