Forum Lurker forced to post LOL

Hi ya'll!

I've been a member for more than a year now.  I was just reading occasional posts on my phone for awhile and then let life take over and forgot about the forum. LOL.

Nothing like a friendly reminder to check into this forum again!  

A little bit about myself.  I don't personally enjoy the burn from hot peppers.  In fact, I don't even like bell peppers.  However, I have found a passion in making hot stuff for family and friends!  It all started when my older son was stationed in Afghanistan for a year.  I struggled to think of homemade foods to send to him that he and his buddies would enjoy.  I started out with jerky and salsa.  Then he asked for spicy, so I started making spicy jerky and salsa.  Eventually, I moved into making jams and jellies.  Then making hot sauce.  My son told me that everyone in his unit looked forward to my packages because I was the only one sending homemade items and they were all wiped out within 20 minutes of receipt.   They all grew up on hot peppers so the hotter I made things, the more they liked it.

One day, I went to a hot sauce festival where I made my husband and younger son sample the heat, while I talked to the booth operators.  Hearing their stories made me want to branch out into getting my sauce manufactured.  Unfortunately, I am not having much luck getting a response from manufacturers in my state, so I'm looking for other options.

I grow my own hot peppers now and make hot sauce, hot jerky and hot jellies quite frequently.  I have a basic hot sauce and I have hot sauce made with reapers. I also make a "Reaper Habanero Sea Salt Blend".  My local friends continue to ask for my products because they are now staples in their homes.  My family loves when I mail them care packages filled with my hot stuff - Especially my son who made it home safe from the big dessert. Thank God.

Anyway, I hope to be able to continue lurking and reading up on the posts to learn about the different types of peppers and sauces that everyone else is making.

Thanks for being here!

:welcome:

Sounds like you may enjoy selling at farmers markets. Look into your state's cottage laws, you can sell the jams, but not the sauces, but there's lots of things you can sell spicy like candy and pickles. It could be a first step to see if you want to take it legit and do the sauce and jerky as well.

http://texascottagefoodlaw.com/FAQ

Back