• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Found these at the store

I was surprised when I saw these at my local Fry's in Phoenix!

pep.png

It's a 2 oz package with about 15 moderately-sized peppers in there for $9. They also had nice looking bhuts for the same price.

illWill said:
No way! Kind of steep price but still worth it!!
I agree, they are kinda pricy. I haven't had them before and planned on ordering some online anyway, so this saves me some hassle and a few bucks to just try them.

alkhall said:
My Trinidad Scorpions (Butch T) have long tails like those, but my Morugas only have stubby little fat tails.

That is what I thought as well. They look like scorpions, or TSBT (which look identical), but not morugas. They are bumpier with a smaller tail. 

Here's a pic of them. They could very well be TSBT, I have no idea.

pep2.png

I ate one about 10 minutes ago. I gave it a good 10-15 second chew. The only other superhot I've had is a red bhut, so that's all I have to compare it to. The flavor of this one was very good actually... noticeably more mellow and less intense flavor-wise than the bhuts I've had, but still pleasant. I'm not sure which I like more. Lots of heat though. Tough to say how much, but it is definitely a super hot.  :fireball:  I don't think it was as hot as the hottest bhut I've had though. At least the super intense burn didn't last as long. I felt most of the burn on my tongue.

My stomach is already giving me a "what did you just do?" feeling. :P

Jeff H said:
Moruga

TSBT

They definitely look like more like the TSBT. I checked the Melissa's website and the peppers aren't listed on there. Seems odd that they would even specify moruga if they are butch t? Most people wouldn't know the difference.

fuxtik said:
I was surprised when I saw these at my local Fry's in Phoenix!

pep.png

It's a 2 oz package with about 15 moderately-sized peppers in there for $9. They also had nice looking bhuts for the same price.
What im in phx as well what frys bro im there when the suns up?

Back