• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Found this pepper at Albertson's

These peppers were listed as "Japanese Hot Pepper" at the store. It listed them as moderate heat. When I cut them open they didn't have that typical habanero smell. Smelled a lot like a common hot cherry pepper. Heat level was similar to a jalapeno. The big one was 3 lobed, but the small one was 4 lobed.

Anyone have any idea what they are?

pb180061.jpg

pb180062.jpg

pb180066i.jpg

Chopped up the small one & added to eggs this morning. If they didn't look like they did, I'd swear it was a regular cherry pepper. Not any real flavor, mild-moderate heat.

The store where I go, they have a hard time keeping their peppers properly labeled because customers are moving them @ and they don't have enough individual bins but those, may indeed be what you say.

Chopped up the small one & added to eggs this morning. If they didn't look like they did, I'd swear it was a regular cherry pepper. Not any real flavor, mild-moderate heat.

I am not sure about peppers, but when tomatoes are hydroponically grown, there is a SEVERE drop in taste. Wondering if these could be grown that way, causing lack of flavor.

Back