Four horsemen burger

Hi folks,

First topic on this board, and I hope I'm not covering old ground.

Does anybody on here know the sauce used on the Four Horsemen Burger, from Man vs Food?
After hearing a few tales of the body "rejecting" the burger after eating, I'm thinking that it has to be heavy in extract.

I'm not desperate to replicate this reaction, but I am curious about the challenge.

Thanks,
Trev

Joey Prado, owner of the Callaghan Road restaurant, said of the half-pound burger made with grilled jalapeños, serrano peppers, ghost chiles (the dreaded Naga Jolokia) and jalapeño jack cheese, plus a dousing of habanero sauce.

Pulled this quote off a site.

Joey Prado, owner of the Callaghan Road restaurant, said of the half-pound burger made with grilled jalapeños, serrano peppers, ghost chiles (the dreaded Naga Jolokia) and jalapeño jack cheese, plus a dousing of habanero sauce.

Pulled this quote off a site.

Yeah, but they seemed a bit secretive over the sauce on the program, and whilst the ghosts are 'big hitters', throwing up after eating isn't normal. (Unless you're a teenage girl or John Prescott!)

grilled jalapenos serrano peppers ghost chiles (Bhut jolokia) i'm fairly sure it was a habanero base sauce

The Four Horseman is a burger with four types of peppers:
- Slices of Jalapenos
- Chopped Serrano Peppers
- Habanero Sauce
- Chunks of Bhut Jolokia (also called the ‘ghost pepper’)

This was a fave episode of mine though from what I can tell from reviews online and other stuff I've read, the sauce seems to be more than likely a Habanero extract based sauce.

I'm still to try it but as I'm only in Dallas one day I might!

and whilst the ghosts are 'big hitters', throwing up after eating isn't normal. (Unless you're a teenage girl or John Prescott!)
Actually it's quite common, even among non-teenage gils or John Prescott. seen a grown man, 180lb+, special forces soldier, seriously badass throwing up continuously after eating two fresh Bih Jolokias. apparently the chiles are even more badass.

Don't ever underestimate chiles my friend.

My best friend (Steve) attempted one of these at Chunky's? in San Antonio. He told me he counted 16 dried bhut jolokia pods on it. He made it about 3/4ths of the way. His coworker took his home and finished it over 3 days. The coworker had to drive my buddy back home to Austin. Steve no longer has any interest in competitive eating contests. I can't even get him to taste any interesting pods.

Mike

One thing I do know.....I'd try the burger but not the competition. I'd want to take it nice and slowly and maybe even take some home! I've no interest in proving anything to anyone, I just like the food aspect of it.

All the descriptions i can find simply state "chunks of ghost pepper". No mention of sixteen. Maybe he just didn't like the bloke he was making it for!

I saw the episode and they chop up a few dried Bhuts. There are not 16 full pods on there. If I had to venture a guess on the sauce, I would say that it is either Pure Cap or Satan's Blood by the looks of it.

Back