• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

soil Foxfarm Soil

Well, since I can't get my beloved Sunland Organic Potting Soil out here in Cleveland I am looking at Foxfarm's stuff. Anyone know about these guys? It seems like the stuff is REALLY good. I'm going to be getting them once it comes time to place my peppers into larger pots.

Down here in North Carolina....we have the Ferry Morse starter Soil.... It helps that I work at Lowes and get a Discount on it..LOL

Hey IGG, I've tried a bag of their Ocean Forest soil before and was satisfied with it's growth of my plants. I've only used it indoors not out and thought it a little heavy as compared to more of the "soilless" mixtures I use today. I only used it in small containers and was happy with drainage, it could be a bit much in a larger pot. I believe it's organic.

i AM using the ocean forest at the moment, i think it is a bit looser and drains better than the sunland, but sunland is a great soil too. in fact i just switched to fox farm from sunland and i am happy with the results so far. heres a pic of fox farms soil in action
16ounceroots.jpg

Wow, nice root ball you got going there. Alright, I'm sold. I'm going to be dropping a shit load of money this year on soil....sigh....

I just used some foxfarm soil when transplanting 4 of my habs the other day. It seems like some really light soil, and my plants aren't going into shock...sofar.

Chris; that's a LOT! Got my bag for $7 at a hydro shop.

cmpman1974 said:
Again, stuff is ridiculously overpriced unless you're growing illegal stuff to sell (I don't). :)

Nah, for the regular stuff it does wonders!!!!!!!!! I've never had happier plants than with this soil.

I blend it (OF)with Pro Mix at a 1 to 3 ratio.It's a little to moist to use alone for my region.It's also a nice top-off for when I need some nutes.

cmpman1974 said:
Again, stuff is ridiculously overpriced unless you're growing illegal stuff to sell (I don't). :)

Illegal stuff? Depends where you live!

And overpriced- yeah, it is where I get it. But I keep on doing it anyway. All my hydro store mediums blow the doors off my Home Despot mixes.

Back