food Freak-a-licious Tuna Melt

I sometimes have cravings, as I'm sure all of you do too and tonight I was craving a tuna melt. Well, not just any old tuna melt, but a melt your mind tuna melt. So, without further to do, here it is folks.....

2 cans of Tuna fish, in water
1/4 small red onion finely diced
1 hard boiled egg diced
3 Chocolate Habs diced
pinch of minced garlic
2 to 3 Tablespoons of your favorite Hot Sauce (I used up the rest of Bhut Jolokia Madness)
pinch of fresh ground black pepper
pinch of Sea Salt
1 to 2 Tablespoons of Mayo
Shredded cheese of your choice (I used Cheddar)

This sandwich turned out fabulicious! All of the flavors melted together perfectly for a heavenly hot (as in spicy) Tuna Melt.

*drum roll please.....* Here's the money shot
DSCF3649.jpg

Only recently got into tuna - never was much of a seafood person does look good and 3 chocolate habs must be damn hot! :mouthonfire:

It really wasn't over bearing hot. They were small habs and the tuna and mayo tends to cool down the heat from peppers anyways, so it was a really good balance.

I know 3 chocolate habs plus hot sauce would be lots for me! Im glad you posted this as i have more then a few cans of tuna in the cabinet and can never seem to find anything to do with them other then tuna salad.

Tuna melts are really good. Funny how hot fish with mayo sounds bad but tastes good.

Feel free to tweak this to your own tastes. Tuna is very versatile and I'll have to make and post my Atomic Tuna Casserole for ya sometime.

Pepperfreak said:
Feel free to tweak this to your own tastes. Tuna is very versatile and I'll have to make and post my Atomic Tuna Casserole for ya sometime.

I will be looking forward to it! - For some reason whenever someone posts a tuna sandwich i cant think of anything other then the god awful ice cream scoop that subway sandwiches uses of the tuna foot longs! Makes be gag just thinking of it!

Other then sushi i have little experience with tuna but that cheese melt looks goooooood! :drooling:

You made me order a tune melt with fries for dinner.

Decent. You know, diner food. Never great, but decent.

Back