Freak of nature

pkocB2F.jpg

hK9JkDS.jpg

meinchoh said:
Sorry, I thought this thread was in reference to Nigel!....Cotyledons can be strange things  :)
First I've had it happen on any plant.  Thought it was cool

i had it happen to a few and it always seems to slows the growth of the plant considerably, i noticed that it will eventually form a third cot but its going to be slow and going and sometimes the plants die

know im not trying to be a downer i always sigh a little when this happens and i hope it will be ok, please keep us/me posted on this im going to follow this one, so i will drop in here and there

thanks your friend Joe

Yeah, I`m with Joe on this one. I`ve had a few of those and it`s a toss up as to whether they do Ok or not. 

meinchoh said:
Sorry, I thought this thread was in reference to Nigel!....Cotyledons can be strange things  :)

Thanks Ed, that made me laugh and spit my beer over the computer screen. 

ajijoe said:
i had it happen to a few and it always seems to slows the growth of the plant considerably, i noticed that it will eventually form a third cot but its going to be slow and going and sometimes the plants die

know im not trying to be a downer i always sigh a little when this happens and i hope it will be ok, please keep us/me posted on this im going to follow this one, so i will drop in here and there

thanks your friend Joe

Nigel said:
Yeah, I`m with Joe on this one. I`ve had a few of those and it`s a toss up as to whether they do Ok or not. 

Thanks Ed, that made me laugh and spit my beer over the computer screen. 

PepperLover said:
it happened before, the plant will grow just fine 

Thanks every one.  I just started these guys for the heck of it. Normally I wouldn't start plants until Januaryso I am hoping I can keep these ones going until Spring inside.  I have no plans of killing it off so I'll be sure to keep this thread updated time to time on its progress

Sarge, I had a capsicum grow like that last year, I pretty much left it alone for like 6 months and it kept growing all weird, then I repotted it and it came good. In retrospect Im thinking it may have been ph of soil blocking nutrients, calcium in particular.

Back