• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Freaking Yellow M&M's

That's what they look like. The little yellow Cumari peppers that UnNatural is growing. The ones that he eats with his Apple Jacks and says they taste like Fruit Loops.

I'm here to tell you they do taste like Fruit Loops, specially after eating one and you burp. Me and UnNatural are swapping some peppers, nothing major just a few of his for a few of my Cumari Ou Passarinho. Got half a dozen of them in the mail today. Little yellow peanut M&M clones. If you could put the logo on them you could fool the world. Until they ate it.

Hot. Darn hot. Not in the range of a very hot or super hot but for an M&M they're downright wicked. I had a single tear fall from my left eye even. That's my sissy eye by the way.

So if you're looking for something to heat up that piece of pie and add some fruity undertones to it this could be the perfect pepper.

Thanks UnNatural. I owe you one.;)

I also received a few of those pods from UnNatural and also have my first ripe Cumari o Passarinho to compare. These pods are very hot and do have a very nice fruit loop taste for a small pod. The heat is strong for such a tiny pod and the flavor makes you want to eat one after another. The pod seemed pretty juicy inside. One of the nicest tasting peppers I've ever had.

Now the Cumari o Passarinho. Still not a big pod but several times larger, did not have the great flavor of UnNatural's Cumari pods. The taste was watered down compared to the smaller pod, but the heat is also there. Wow it just kicked in and my eyes are watering while I type. Much prefer the tiny Cumari pods for the flavor alone, but good heat from the Cumari o Passarinho. Both very nice chilis.

IMG_3189.jpg

Cappy I'm glad you think they're hot too. I was thinking my ability to take the heat was gone. They are very juicy aren't they? Amazing how such a tiny, innocent looking little piece of bush fruit can turn the heat up.

They are the sweetest heat I've ever eaten.

Glad they all arrived safely. These are moving up the list on my favorite peppers. Hot enough to enjoy but not so hot that you need to take a break before every bite. I put 10 of them on a slice of white pizza yesterday, twas a beautiful thing!

10 of those little firebombs on a slice? Not for me bubba!

By the way what is a white pizza? Thanks.

I noticed two almost ripe ones on the passarinho, you ready?

I've had the hardest luck with Cumari. I've tried seeds from several sources including buying them, and they either fail to sprout or if they do sprout the plant is tiny and frail and never takes off.

Once I get tired of these Lemon Drops indoors, I'm going to try growing Cumari again. Hopefully 3rd or 4th time is the charm lol.

Unnatural where did you get your seed?

patrick said:
10 of those little firebombs on a slice? Not for me bubba!

By the way what is a white pizza? Thanks.

I noticed two almost ripe ones on the passarinho, you ready?

I was born ready!

White pizza = no tomato sauce + ricotta and mozzarella cheese.

Txclosetgrower said:
I've had the hardest luck with Cumari. I've tried seeds from several sources including buying them, and they either fail to sprout or if they do sprout the plant is tiny and frail and never takes off.

Once I get tired of these Lemon Drops indoors, I'm going to try growing Cumari again. Hopefully 3rd or 4th time is the charm lol.

Unnatural where did you get your seed?

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I believe he said in the other thread that they were bought from Beth at Peppermania. They would make a really nice indoor hydro plant because of it's size.

Yup got them from peppermania. Had a rough time with them too. I have one lone survivor out of ten seeds planted. I just took 2 cuttings... Hope they keep! I'm liking these alot.

Back