free Free Seeds- 7 Varieties

2015-11-12-08-38-05_zpsgrr1g5qx.jpg

Left to Right: CGN 21500, Bishop's Hat, Aji Pineapple, Galapagos-Isabel Habanero, Rainforest, Yellow Fatalii, Tepin x Lemon Drop

I've been on THP for a little over a year. I can't begin to express how much I've learned, how much generosity I've benefited from, and how many connections I've made with such a fantastic community. When I discovered THP in October 2014, I was a fairly experienced gardener but had never grown peppers other than jalapenos, bells & the like- and never from seed. This year, I grew 280 pepper plants- 180 varieties. Found some stuff I liked & some I didn't. Learned a lot about growing through trial & error but more from the experience of folks on here.

This is not a huge "giving back" to the community (nor is it my first seed giveaway) but I did want to offer up some end of the season seeds. I'll give out up to 5 packs of 10 seeds of each variety. Maybe helpful to newbies or experienced people alike. Here's the small catch though- You send me a SASBE with baggies marked with which varieties you want. First come, first served. Either reply here or PM me with you selections & to get my address. 

Wow this is so exciting! I've been lurking around on the forums for the last month and after seeing this post I absolutely had to finally create an account and start my path to hot pepper bliss.

We've had a decent sized garden since we purchased our acreage about 4 years ago. This year we had over 20 tomato plants, kale, swiss chard, zucchini, squash, egg plant, spinach, leaf lettuce, thyme, basil, chives, beans, pea pods, bell peppers and a bunch of other things I'm probably forgetting. Normally we also have ~6 jalapeño plants, and this year I convinced her to let us grow orange habaneros because I had always been interested in trying something with a little more kick. When the jalapeños got flooded out during a hard early season rain, the habaneros flourished. Since we didn't have our usual crop of jalapeños to use with salsa and all the other things we would normally use peppers for, we exclusively used the habaneros for everything, which ignited a new life passion for pepper growing. The more varieties I try and see the more I have been becoming hooked, and when I found this forum I felt like I had just found heaven!

I would absolutely love to take you up on your gracious offer! Being new to the online gardening world I wasn't exactly sure how to proceed. I figured out that SASBE stood for "Self Addressed Stamped Bubble Envelope", which I can absolutely do.

Thank you so much again for finally providing the stepping stones to getting started in the world of exotic pepper varieties and all-around epic HOTNESS :)

- Alex

kitt said:

I would absolutely love to take you up on your gracious offer! Being new to the online gardening world I wasn't exactly sure how to proceed. I figured out that SASBE stood for "Self Addressed Stamped Bubble Envelope", which I can absolutely do.

Thank you so much again for finally providing the stepping stones to getting started in the world of exotic pepper varieties and all-around epic HOTNESS :)

- Alex
Haha. Super. PM coming.
...and welcome. Great community you've stumbled upon.
...AND you're welcome to all seeds, but if I were to plant just one of these, it'd be the Tepin x Lemon Drop. Great taste & heat & really prolific. Fatalii has more heat. A lot of people like Aji Pineapple's taste best. CGN 21500 tastes good but I'll grow it again mostly for the beautiful plant & pods.

Back