Free Wordpress Blogs for Gardeners

Backyard Food Network ( backyardfood.net ) contains only two forums: Introductions and Help.  It is not a forum site and it is not a pepper site.  It is not intended as any form of competition for this wonderful place.  I frigging LOVE THP

The focus of backyardfood.net is kind of like Prepper Light.  It is focused on producing your own food.  Gardening sure, but also backyard chicken, raising meat critters, and the likes.  If THP members join, they are welcome and encouraged to add links to THP.

So if it is not a forum site, what is it?  Well, the idea is we provide wordpress blogs to people in the format YourName.Backyardfood.net.  That feature is not turned on yet, but if a THP member lets me know they are ready to create a blog, then they can join and contact me so I can turn the feature on for you.

The next step is that your blog posts will feed to the main site, that way you have the benefit of having your own site but also the benefit of having your posts promoted to attract people to your site.

The step after that is domain mapping.  Then you can purchase a url from any of the people who sell them and we will map it to your blog.  So you will be like YourName.com or what ever.

After that, we will be offering things like online stores for your site.  Again, all free. 

So how is it funded?  There is a donation button but I do not see the cash.  Instead donations go to the ISP I am using and can only be used for paying for the hosting.

Thing is, I am just starting the place.  I need bloggers to test and help me figure out what it needs.

So if you want a free blog, please go to Backyardfood.net, sign up, and then tell me you want a blog.  I will automate that later when we are more established and have help videos in place.

Back