• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

storage Freezing/Dehydrating Question

I have a 10 tray IGLOO dehydrator and love it...

My coffee grinder is a manual one with only one setting so it will be interesting to see how fine it grinds...It powders the coffee beans really well so it shouldn't be a problem, and i have an old mortar and pestle to make flakes!!!

moyboy said:
...My coffee grinder is a manual one with only one setting so it will be interesting to see how fine it grinds...It powders the coffee beans really well so it shouldn't be a problem, and i have an old mortar and pestle to make flakes!!!

old school! at least you can still process your pods in a blackout

A dehydrator is paying off as soon as you got plenty of peppers. I used to grind the dried peppers in an old blender I got, now I'm using my Magic Bullet.

I also use the Magic Bullet for making powder. I never dehydrated frozen pods but I dried pickled cayennes yesterday and powdered them today. They had some raisinish sticky surface but the powder came out good anyway.

I dried about 50 orange habs that i got out of the freezer yesterday.

I didn't dry them long enough cause when i powdered them, the powder clumped together like chilliman64 said it might.

oh well it was my first attempt and i have learnt from it.

When i was grinding up the chillis the lid came flying off my newly bought Electric coffee grinder (I didn't screw it on property) and i ended up with a face, eyes, nose and throat full of orange hab powder.

needless to say, I FREAKED.........;)

my throat closed up instantly and i couldn't breath, my nose felt like i had just gone 3 round with a boxer, and my eyes burnt like i fell into the pits of hell....and because i panicked just a little :lol:, I started to sweat. well that just put the icing on the cake..

Now from the shoulders up felt like i was kicked by a horse.....

I actually got a 2 litre bottle of milk and ran outside and slowly tipped it all over my face. The resulting feeling was better than sex, I kid you not......

Then to make matters worse my lovely lady tried to make me "feel better" when we went to bed, but my fingers still had some residual powder on them so i was then in the bad books even more...and got none.:lol:

16 hours later and my throat is still a little tender...but all else is good...

well for your first attempt I'd say it didn't turn out too bad. you can salvage the clumpy powder by making sauce out of it.

as far as the rest of the adventure goes... DUDE YOU F*CKED UP BIG!!! I hope your lady is still talking to you... sorry to chuckle but I've done similar. I know from experience you will never repeat those events!

You didn't give your woman a case of the hunan hand did you? Holy crud man I'm surprised you're still alive! Run! RUN!!

Back