• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Freezing herbs

Well It's coming to the end of our herb season very soon as temps are starting to slowly drop....

I have a good number of herbs that I am looking to save for the winter, mostly by drying, but I was wondering if anyone has frozen the herbs for later use???

I think I have heard of people doing it and was wondering what the result was once they defrosted, and do they still give you the good flavour?

Thanks guys and gals......:)

I have frozen them before with good results, but I usually make a pesto first and then freeze that in an ice cube tray. When once frozen the Herb cubes can then be placed into a zip lock bag. Works great for basil and I have even tried it with minced peppers, it worked there too.

I usually dehydrate as well. THe only herb I freeze is Basil because I make Basil Pesto to make sauces and dips with.

Thanks guys.....Well It looks like the deydrator is going to get a lot of use this long weekend....

Just out of interest....how do you make the pesto????

Back