• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

misc Freezing ladybugs?

I am wondering if anyone has frozen ladybugs from the end of one season (now) for use for the next season (spring)? I have tons of ladybugs around my place due to the high number of aphids on the native trees, so I'm wondering if i could just capture them and freeze them until i need them in the spring? It seems like the aphids always need to come first before the ladybugs move in, and I'd like to change that in my garden next year.

I am wondering if anyone has frozen ladybugs from the end of one season (now) for use for the next season (spring)? I have tons of ladybugs around my place due to the high number of aphids on the native trees, so I'm wondering if i could just capture them and freeze them until i need them in the spring? It seems like the aphids always need to come first before the ladybugs move in, and I'd like to change that in my garden next year.

they will die if frozen.

Get a little screen box or make one with window screen. Research what they eat and see if you can keep them going or reproducing.

Back