• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

storage Freezing/Pickling

Ok, so i've just pickled around 60 orange habs & 60 scotch bonnet...so thanks for the help on that.

I'm considering getting a lot more orange habs to do the same, but as i want to wait to see if my first(ish) pickling experience is a success, i'm thinking of freezing the habs up for a few months - then pickling them.

I need to buy my peppers now, as they'll be no stock left in a few months i'm sure.

Is the freezing/pickling a good idea or not?

I've searched the forum, and there are posts stating that they can become "mushy" after the freezing process?

Thanks.

You know I don't Talas :) I mean brussel sprouts are not meant to be boiled for 17 minutes and then microwaved after that and diced carrot and swede boiling for 50 mins. I'm learning though, it might taste sh*t for the moment but you wait. I'm a chefess in the making :oops:

rainbowberry said:
You know I don't Talas :) I mean brussel sprouts are not meant to be boiled for 17 minutes and then microwaved after that and diced carrot and swede boiling for 50 mins. I'm learning though, it might taste sh*t for the moment but you wait. I'm a chefess in the making :oops:

I'm sure its all good..Swede you can boil for ever..Well up to a point and sprouts always need a blitz,chefess im sure your there :P

Hey lust maybe try dehying them and then go to powder.It`ll last for a whillle and works great seasoning food.Try vac sealing and then freezing.I`m doing that this year and they are a lot better off than straight freeze time.Good luck

LUST4HABS said:
Ok, so i've just pickled around 60 orange habs & 60 scotch bonnet...so thanks for the help on that.

I'm considering getting a lot more orange habs to do the same, but as i want to wait to see if my first(ish) pickling experience is a success, i'm thinking of freezing the habs up for a few months - then pickling them.

I need to buy my peppers now, as they'll be no stock left in a few months i'm sure.

Is the freezing/pickling a good idea or not?

I've searched the forum, and there are posts stating that they can become "mushy" after the freezing process?

Thanks.
Pickling is a great way to save a good crop...
20080911_0009.jpg

Back