Friday, 3/11, FOX Channel 5, Good Day New York, 9:30am,

Well, the clock never stops within the hallowed halls of the Defcon Compound. If you happen to be awake on Friday morning, and happen to be near a TV, at about 9:40am, you might just get a glimpse of the Defcon Crew on FOX Channel 5 for their Good Day New York morning show in Manhattan, NY. An awesome local restaurant, Bunnys Sports Bar, in South Orange NJ was contacted to appear on the morning show, and wanted the Defcon Crew’s help.

This restaurant holds the Defcon Sauces record for longevity, nearly 8 years, serving our finest Wing Sauces. Bunnys Sports Bar is located a few blocks from Seton Hall University, in South Orange, NJ, which is also the home of the infamous heavy metal radio station WSOU (oh the stories I could tell hangin' with the DJ's in the 80's...For another day). Bunny’s is a fantastic neighborhood restaurant, and has been for many decades.

I have been frequenting Bunnys since 1973, when our family relocated from on-post at West Point Military Academy, in New York, to Maplewood, NJ, where my awesome parents still reside, and now that Dad retired, works with Mom, at the Bee & Thistle in Maplewood, NJ. Mom decided to do the entrepreneur thing in civilian life and opened up her own store, which is still kickin' after 43 years. See where I get it from? www.beeandthistlegifts.com.

Hey, nothin' like going to an antique/gift shop and finding Defcon Products (which sell incredibly well there, and many small children won't eat their vegetables without a dose of our mild wing sauce on them, LOL!)
Well, there it is, The Defcon Crew hangin' with Bunnys Sports Bar, in the middle of Manhattan Friday morning, for Good Day New York on FOX Channel 5. Looking forward to it!

Back