Friend or Foe?

Image.jpg

Image 1.jpg

Found a couple of these guys on one of my rose bushes.  Should I let them hang around or  :fire:  them?

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     No damage, no problem.

edit: It kind of looks like some sort of a lacewing larva.

I did release some lacewings eggs, but none of the pics that I googled for green lacewing larva looked like that.  So far no damage, so i will let it be.  Thanks.

tctenten said:

but none of the pics that I googled for green lacewing larva looked like that.  So far no damage, so i will let it be.  Thanks.

I couldn't find one pic of a lacewing larva that looked like the one in your pic. So I don't think it's that, exactly. It just has that look of a predator, rather than a plant pest. (Just spitballin', here.  ;) )
     Like capsidadburn said, keep an eye on it. Nature comes and goes in gardens. Patterns of plant damage is what should be raising red flags. Keep us posted.

It is not a green lacewing larvae. But in the second pic, it appears you may have also caught an aphid in the image. It is possible that your new visitor is there because of a food source. I would keep under observation and if it is determined to be predating on the aphids, I would leave it alone. A positive ID may follow shortly.

CAPCOM said:
It is not a green lacewing larvae. But in the second pic, it appears you may have also caught an aphid in the image. It is possible that your new visitor is there because of a food source. I would keep under observation and if it is determined to be predating on the aphids, I would leave it alone. A positive ID may follow shortly.

I have been plucking aphids off it so hopefully these guys will help out.

A little hard to see, but if the eyes are at the front of the white stripe end, I'm inclined to say some sort of leafhopper nymph.  So possible foe.

- Tick

Sorry to keep PEST-ering you guys.  But I know nothing about bugs.   I did our out ladybugs and green lacewing eggs.  I noticed this on one plant.  It was at home on the underside of the leaves.  I did not detect any damage to the plant it was on, so it is still breathing or doing whatever bugs to.  Any particular websites that I can reference in the future for some of these id's?

Image.jpg

Image 1.jpg

Thanks for the help.

tctenten said:
Sorry to keep PEST-ering you guys.  But I know nothing about bugs.   I did our out ladybugs and green lacewing eggs.  I noticed this on one plant.  It was at home on the underside of the leaves.  I did not detect any damage to the plant it was on, so it is still breathing or doing whatever bugs to.  Any particular websites that I can reference in the future for some of these id's?

attachicon.gif
Image.jpg

attachicon.gif
Image 1.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Katydid? If so it is neither good nor bad.

Back