food Friendly "Cooking with Fire" group thing?

Hey guys,

I was thinking it'd be cool if we could have another friendly group events of sorts (no judging/voting needed), but when the focus on a very specific item... where we could then all try our hand at it and share recipes. I was thinking of stuff like mustards, tortillas, hot ketchups, pizza crusts, pasta, etc. with an emphasis on HOT! Things that are pantry "staples", but would be cool to start making ourselves. It could be a weekly or monthly thing and we could just be like "Okay, MUSTARD. Post up a recipe and photo sometime this week!" or something.

Any takers?

(P.S. I really want to make mustard.)

I'll jump at any chance to a) cook, b) show off, and c) learn new recipes.

But seeing that it's a good idea, and that I agree with it, it may be hard to get people on board. ;)

I'm not a foodnetwork chef, but I like the idea of sharing recipes and pics. Count me in for what it's worth. It's all good my friend.

I'm game, and I suggest we start with mustard. Marcie, this is your baby, so you make the rules (when where etc.)

Yea Marcie, you go first. Bust out some mustard. I like the idea. I like the no-pressure part of it.
You jump, we'll follow.

It would probably be best in one topic and it would become popular The Drunken Chef, or I ♥ Wings, etc.

Marcie. Give it a good title, and then post the theme and let people share. Then when you are ready post a new theme in the same topic, and keep it up.

Post your rules in the first post. Don't let others change the theme unless you choose someone or you'll have a mess of people jumping in with different things.

Just an idea!

No way no how! Not if Paul thinks it's a good idea!

;)

I was just talking to the other half about making some hot mustard. The down side is that once we start making our own food we find that we just can't go back to the store bought stuff. Alfredo sauce, most Indian dishes, lasagna, spaghetti, steaks at a restaurant.... Well you get the idea. I don't know if I like the idea of being bumped up into a different mustard bracket so I'm not sure about this...

Yea Marcie, you go first. Bust out some mustard. I like the idea. I like the no-pressure part of it.
You jump, we'll follow.

I agree.

FD, as far as your sig goes, I would kick TB's ass at twister. I have much longer limbs. He has lost a lot of weight and is no doubt a bit more limber, but it would not matter as long as the brewhahas are flowing.

True story.

PS no merkins allowed.

FD, as far as your sig goes, I would kick TB's ass at twister. I have much longer limbs. He has lost a lot of weight and is no doubt a bit more limber, but it would not matter as long as the brewhahas are flowing.

In other words, NO ONE would win - they would both be too drunk for it to matter!

Looks like Marcie's teasing again.

Back