From flower to fruit?

Hi guys, I'm curious to hear from your experience, how long does it take from flower to a mature fruit? Now, I'm not asking for the exact science, more like a rough estimate. I'm sure the size of the plant, light, water, nutes etc. play a role too.

smileyguy697 said:
A little over a month.. Possibly almost 2 depending on the varieties

That's not too bad, I was almost expecting someone to say three moths. 

I have a jalapeño type plant that has been sitting on pods just over a month now not turning red at all. Most of my other plants are still developing flowers, and I'm a little too eager to start tasting them. 

Comptine said:

That's not too bad, I was almost expecting someone to say three moths. 

I have a jalapeño type plant that has been sitting on pods just over a month now not turning red at all. Most of my other plants are still developing flowers, and I'm a little too eager to start tasting them. 
Lol.. I know that feeling. As for your jalapeños they don't have to be red to enjoy. Look for corking (brown squigly lines) on the pods and if they have it should be ready.

smileyguy697 said:
Lol.. I know that feeling. As for your jalapeños they don't have to be red to enjoy. Look for corking (brown squigly lines) on the pods and if they have it should be ready.

I did have serious stretch marks on one that I did harvest! I'm looking to  save some seeds off them too, so I want to ripen them for that, since it was the one plant that set long before the others I know they aren't crosses for sure now. I've also never had a mature jalapeño so I'm really curious what they taste like. 

Most of my Superhots easily take closer to 2+ months to grow to full size and ripen fully. In fact, I'd say none of those pods ever finish in a single month. Only my jalapeños, bananas & ornamentals flower to fruit in a short period.
YMMV

Back