• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

From the ashes of disaster grow the roses of success.

Well, some form of blight/fungus/alien invasion took out the majority of my pepper patch in the last 2 months. The only thing left standing was one habanero plant, my basil, and a broccoli plant I keep for ornamentation.

I decided it was time to essentially rip out everything and start fresh.

I put some seeds to germinate on Thursday of last week, and as of last night I have a number of seeds starting to poke their little heads up!

I have never seen germination this quickly, so I'm very happy. All seeds in these photos are from the Chile Institute. I am currently working on Bhut Jolokias, Aji Limons, Centennials, Pablanos & some Jalapenos.

Jalapeno:
IMG_20110814_233844.jpg

Centennial:
IMG_20110814_233826.jpg

Aji Limon:
IMG_20110814_233809.jpg

Hopefully these plants make it past the two year mark unlike the last bunch.

Is it the lighting or does your soil have a green color to it? If your soil is green you're faced with more fungal issues. Where in Broward are you? I lived in Hollywood for 13 years.

Is it the lighting or does your soil have a green color to it? If your soil is green you're faced with more fungal issues. Where in Broward are you? I lived in Hollywood for 13 years.

I took the photos with my smartphone, so the color is way off. Soil is a nice dark brown to black depending on moisture.

I'm in downtown Ft. Lauderdale, btw.

I now have a jalapeno in every one of there spots, centennials in each spots, and as of a few minutes ago, 3 pablano hooks have shown up!

I have to admit out of everything I have ever grown, these seeds are so energetic! So far it's A++++ to the Chile Pepper Institute!!

8-16-2011E.jpg

8-16-2011D.jpg

8-16-2011C.jpg

8-16-2011B.jpg

8-16-2011A.jpg

Maybe I'll attempt a 365 day photo thread! It would be pretty awesome to see my future babies go through their life in entirety in time laps photos!

8-17-2011E.jpg

8-17-2011D.jpg

8-17-2011C.jpg

8-17-2011B.jpg

8-17-2011A.jpg

Back