• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Frost ?! So Hot Manure Explodes into Spontaneous Fires

Yep that happens. Decomposition generates a lot of heat. It's also one of the many concerns with wet hay bales being put into the hay loft of barns.

You have to be really ontop of turning your compost. I had a compost pile combust a few years ago out in LA because it never got turned.

Oh man San! I slept in today on accident and left my babies in the sun, I usually take them to the shade from 11 - 3. I lost 2 of my seedlings!!!!! :( T.T I hope it will cool down a little bit so my babies can get more direct sun. Argh this Southern California weather!

I had 50 seedlings in cups and have now lost four, with another two looking mournful. All are inside with the AC running for now. It's easy to overwater in a vain attempt to try and save them, but that just causes even more damage.

For now I'd say keep them in the coolest place possible and don't worry about them getting direct sun for the remainder of the week. That will help more than hurt. Mist them if they look droopy.

Ive also lost about 10 seedlings so far due to the heat and the sun. I've made my own flourecent light setup for my seedlings untill they get bigger and it cools down a bit next month. Now they can get some light during the cooler night temps, should be less stress on them.

IMG_1274.jpg

SanSoo said:
I had 50 seedlings in cups and have now lost four, with another two looking mournful. All are inside with the AC running for now. It's easy to overwater in a vain attempt to try and save them, but that just causes even more damage.

For now I'd say keep them in the coolest place possible and don't worry about them getting direct sun for the remainder of the week. That will help more than hurt. Mist them if they look droopy.

Will do. I've been misting like crazy and petting them to try to get them going. So sad when they drop leaves and lean over. I just wanna cry. hehe. Hoping another few that looked droopy perk up by morning. :)

Back