• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Frost

Recently the temps have dropped a bit and we're starting to get frost in the morning. It's nothing major, but the grass is a bit frosty first thing in the morning. I've read frost is bad for them and can kill the plant, so should I harvest all the peppers from them?

Once frost limps your peppers, mold and rot will set in fast as they warm back up.  If you want crisp peppers, you gotta take them in before the frost bits them good.  If you want to freeze, dehydrate, or immediately process them then you gotta ask yourself how large is your garden, how much can you process, and are you ready the day it happens.

I ended up potting mine and bringing them in its been low 40's high 30's but far to cold for em to ripen anymore. So in at night, out when it warms. also trimmed the tops and flowering growth and seems to be ripening much faster now.

Reactions: j92
It's probably under 30 days here till frost. I'm already chopping and plowing under the gardens planning for next year. Always have a plan and try to stay one step ahead of nature. Green peppers are decent dried in the oven or fresh in a chili not so good after a frost.

Reactions: j92
Pots are handy, been bringing in mine then out again. Some of my first plants been keeping them under the lights. Were getting yoyo weather again, nights can drop down to 3c then 13c.

Back