fruit pruning bell peppers

I have a lot of bell peppers this year and was wondering how many fruits I should prune before I let them grow.
This is a yellow monster pepper.
Should I prune the little fruits?
SAM_1991.jpg

SAM_1995.jpg

They do seem a bit small to be able to support a big pepper such as a bell.  But if you have a lot of plants, then it becomes quite tedious to pinch fruit off of them.  It will continue to grow as it fruits, so it's not imperative that you get rid of the pod.

Most of my plants drop the flowers when the plant is too small, but from time to time I still need to pinch. I agree - that plant is too small at this point. Keep in mind plants put most of their focus into one thing at a time. If they focus on putting out and growing fruit, they won't focus on plant stem and leaf growth - you would be stuck with a fairly small plant with little production unless you pinch.

Personally, I would pinch them off. Your two choices are 1) let them grow and have 1 or two small-ish bell peppers now or 2) pinch them and let the plant focus all of its energy on growing and have more larger bell peppers later. I usually opt for more and larger later. 

pinch and let the plant get more growth. The last thing you want is a wimpy stalk to break and have your fruit fall all over the ground.   Unless you want to cage it? or garden tie it to a bamboo stick

Agreed with above. Keep yankin em off till the plant is larger. I let mine get about 2-3 ft tall before I leave any flowers on - just a personal choice though. Your plants do not have the size to support such large peppers, and would likely end up as runts if the fruit were left on. If given time to grow larger before the set they should make quite a nice crop.

Here's some red bells I've got going now... I've staked the plant, and only let the pods settle once it hit the 2-3ft mark (granted, you could produce at any size - this is merely how I go about it). Good luck w the crops, and keep us posted!
2mxhab7.jpg

Back