• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fruit setting question

Hey everyone, I'll be posting a big update in my glog soon. Plants are overall doing well, but have a couple with bad leaf curl that I thought was calcium deficiency but from my research I think is broad mites (I haven't bought a microscope so I can't be sure, and the problem has gotten worse since applying Cal Mag).

But, onto the main question. My annums (1 cayenne and 2 cascabel so far, 1 more cayenne and 1 jalapeno don't look far behind) are the first to flower. Do I need to do anything to pollinate or help with fruit set? At the current time there are 2-3 flowers per plant and it looks like many of the 20+ buds should be flowering in the next few days.

I'd prefer not to get flower drop on the first few flowers but if it just "happens" then I won't worry about it.

Thanks!

I was concerned with mine doing that too, I just made sure to keep the light and temps right. I then hand pollinated every flower. Some people say just shake the bush or if they are outdoors let wind or bugs handle it, but I fingered each one to be sure! So far all of my flowers have pods!

Back