• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

frutescens Frutescens: Why do people seem less interested in it?

Bicycle808 said:

I would love to see pics of that....and i mean that in a 90% fanatical/10% skeptical way.
Easy done PM me your email address and Ill pick some and send pics in the next two days. I have a lot of trouble posting pics here as I only have a phone and photo bucket is a nightmare to use. Perhaps you could put them up here for me!

ipWwRfQ.jpg
lSrUjrM.jpg
mjoExvk.jpg

Jase4224´s Baby Naga pics...

Thanks for posting that Bicycle808, as you can see this chinense x frutescense results in a fruit that is like chilli bomb that can be squished with no effort. The walls are quite thick and there was only like 3 seeds inside.

Pretty great I think they are there perfect food chilli..
-Spreadable and soft yet have good shelf life
-savoury flavour, like chilli and tomato in one
-leaves the calyx behind when picked
-up to hab heat

I really feel these crosses deserve more (a lot more!) attention. I apologise if this sounds like a sales pitch!

Jase4224 said:
Thanks for posting that Bicycle808, as you can see this chinense x frutescense results in a fruit that is like chilli bomb that can be squished with no effort. The walls are quite thick and there was only like 3 seeds inside.

Pretty great I think they are there perfect food chilli..
-Spreadable and soft yet have good shelf life
-savoury flavour, like chilli and tomato in one
-leaves the calyx behind when picked
-up to hab heat

I really feel these crosses deserve more (a lot more!) attention. I apologise if this sounds like a sales pitch!
That sounds rad, and the pod looks incredible. . . i know you said your pod was off pheno. What are typical Baby Nagas like?

I have a plant that is kinda like a Tabasco pepper.
What I noticed that they seem to have more oils, so the heat effects last longer.
I like that 😁
Comparing them to annuum I guess.

ALSO...
Red Hot.jpg

I found these on the side of the road next to some trash

20200206_0346562.jpg
20200206_0348282.jpg

Believe they might be a fructescense cross 🤔

Back